Welcome to the UK and Éire Glaucoma Society website.
UKÉGS is a national scientific society which aims to:
- Establish personal contacts and to promote the exchange of knowledge between glaucoma specialists and those involved in the management and care of glaucoma patients in the UK and Éire.
- Stimulate glaucoma research by bringing together scientists and clinicians involved in glaucoma research, thereby establishing a scientific community with similar interests and aims, and building a sense of comradeship and active co-operation.
- Promote an interest in glaucoma as a sub-speciality in trainee ophthalmologists and those in related occupations.
- Keep contact with other glaucoma societies within and outside the UK & Eire.
- Promote, protect and foster the interests and care of people living with – or at risk of developing – glaucoma.
The main activity of UKEGS is to hold an annual conference – for details click here.
UKEGS is a committee of the charity, The International Glaucoma Association (IGA). It is overseen by a panel of ophthalmologists, currently:
James Kirwan UKEGS Chair 2020
Donald Montgomerie – past Chair
Pete Shah – Chair Elect
Nicholas Strouthidis – IGA Trustee and Chair of the IGA Clinical Advisory and Grants Panel.
To become a UKEGS member and receive details of the UKEGS conference and other activities click here. Membership is free and includes associate membership of the IGA.